Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Banzai!

Hi Everyone!

January 5th, wow. The last post was October 5th and I remember being so so so stressed because my sketchbook had not shown up yet. WHAT is it with the Athenian Post Office??

Yes indeedy, the Sketchbook is finished and outta here! Arthouse Cooperative extended the deadline for the Sketchbook Project to January 5th. Always fun to have folks who have real lives and see the necessity for giving us artists ONE more day till it's really over! Well, they are artists themselves so that's why, I am sure.

These are a couple of illos from The Sketchbook Journal. My theme was "It's Not Easy Being Green". I decided to make colour the myriad subject matter of the sections of my book (complete with "chapters", etc.) -- the first focus of the sketchbook a very understandable "It's Not Easy Being..." before taking off a bit to the Past, then the Fantasy Illos, and Reality (mostly) with occasional sidetrips... Well, that describes me perfectly if you ask me.

Ahem, yeah, this next is from the Fantasy Section -- "Portrait of the Artist" as a Green Lantern or somesuch. All those girls have such buxomy, curvy bods. I just HAD to have one of my own.


The colour spectrum I stuck to for the most part...

And yes, the medium. I used micron pens and brushes, as well as some colourful slices of backgrounds -- and Mod Podged and Xyron'd the TOC and chapter divisions too, with and without extras. I used some fantastic little bits from Ro Bruhn's Giveaway from last year. They look just gorgeous. Thanks again, Ro, for that!

There's a running joke throughout all the sections (Portrait of the Artist, etc) about makeup. Maybe I should do all those together... oh well, we'll see.
Enjoy and thanks as always for your visits and comments!
Candace in Athens.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Candace! Great illustrations for your Sketchbook Project journal! Love the Green Lantern fantasy one! Great stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why your posts weren't showing up in my feed, now I see that this is from last year! I hope you're having a good time with your namesake!
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete